Wednesday, March 10, 2010

IF THE YARDBIRDS WERE STILL TOGETHER

If the 60's rock band from England had been in their prime today, they might have written and played a song like this:

Prius Kept A-Rollin’

(original lyyrics by T. Bradshaw / L. Mann / H. Kay)

I bought a Prius, I bought a car,
It was a hipster, well and a real cool car,
(It was handsome,)
It was pretty, I bought it in New York City,
Well and I trucked on down in that old Toyota,
(Goin' on,)

With a heave, and a ho,
(Wo,)
Well, I just couldn't stop that car.
(No I couldn't,)
Slow down, sweet little auto, slow down,
Everybody get outta my way,
Slow down, sweet little auto, slow down,
Everybody get outta my way,
With a heave, and a ho,
(No matter how I pumped the brakes,)
I just couldn't stop that car
(No I couldn't)


Well, the Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
(Slow down, sweet little auto, slow down,)
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
([We're doin' eighty!])
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
(Slow down, sweet little auto, slow down,)
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
([Now we're doin' ninety!])
With a heave, and a ho,
Everybody get outta my way,
Well I just couldn't stop that car,
(No, I couldn't.)


I couldn't stop at Albuquerque,
Everybody must have thought I was a real gone jerk,
I passed a train in El Paso,
Lookin' so good, Jack, but I couldn't stop that car.
(Slow down, sweet little auto, slow down,)
(Oh, right, no, go left,)
Well, the Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
The Prius kept a-rollin', all night long,
With a heave, and a ho,
Well I just couldn't stop that car.