Saturday, June 22, 2013

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PATRIOTS?

and now a word from my dad...

Having proudly served in the Navy aboard the destroyer U.S.S. Mead in World War II with some of the finest, loyalest, bravest, most patriotic sailors I've ever known, I am disgusted by the American traitor Edward Snowden who's been trying to claim he's exposing government monitoring of us citizens while safely ensconced in a Hong Kong hotel where he, no doubt, is singing like a canary to the Communist Chinese there. While I'm not naive enough to believe that our government is not above doing such things for whatever reason, cowardly hiding out in a hostile country is no way to warn Americans.

What makes me shake my head is how this land, so richly blessed by Providence, can produce such people as Mr. Snowden. Yet I have no further to look than our own public schools which are virtually silent on teaching our young people about the history of the United States, our accomplishments, and the gift of freedom which we have worked diligently over the years to spread to other countries. And to finish their ignorance, I watch our universities teaching not only disdain but outright hatred for this country, the lessons, to which, are reinforced by our biased liberal news media and in the words, songs, and movies of our nihilistic and amoral entertainment industry.

Every day I see the pioneering force of the individual losing out to the lethargic herd mentality of liberals and progressives. We're now a nation of Prides and Communities and Groups all tethered together to bellyache endlessly over the smallest slight. I'd say this sorry state began in the 1960s with the Hippies and has culminated in today's Welfare Generation in which deriding the Rich is mere pretext for having to stoop low enough to collect a Welfare check.

Sadly, I fear, things will get much worse before this America finally falls apart.

by © Manuel T. Aragon