Monday, February 24, 2014

A FLAG FLIES AGAIN IN ALBUQUERQUE


I guess it can be said that if you can't get things done by yourself, it's time to turn to a higher power. In the matter of getting a flag put up at the Valle Del Norte Community Center at 1812 Candelaria Road NW in Albuquerque I ended up turning to the local TV news channels.

I waited futilely for replies to my calls to Mayor Richard Berry's office and to the 311 phone number where I left several messages on this matter and was assured repeatedly that some one would get back to me. In disgust and frustration, I decided to e-mail all three TV channels here early Friday morning the 21st of February.

Two of them decided to look into it and they moved FAST. I did short interviews on site for channels KRQE and KOAT that afternoon which were aired during the 10:00 p.m. news broadcasts the same night. People from the city suddenly came to life and promised to have the flag up Monday afternoon.

In one of the broadcasts, a man from the City wanted to thank me for bringing it to their attention. Nonsense, it wasn't me who brought it to their attention, it was the TV media people. I was only being ignored. THEY got action.

And to that end, I'd like to publicly thank reporter Tina Jensen from station KRQE and reporter Mike Springer from KOAT. They took the problem seriously and they did their reporting job.

Bless their hearts and bless the men and women of our military and the people of this nation which our flag represents.

May our flag wave  proudly in the breeze!

by © Clyde James Aragon
from "Full Frontal Stupidity" - http://fullfrontalstupidity.blogspot.com/