Wednesday, October 12, 2016

AN ENCOUNTER WITH MY 'REPRESENTATIVE'

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the bizarre things I see come election time in Albuquerque, New Mexico yet I was when Bill O'Neill, Democrat state senator from District 13 down here in the North Valley, pulled up in front of my house in his black car and traipsed majestically down my freshly-swept sidewalk, clipboard in hand.

And, if I had been any kind of proper taxpaying host, I would have listened to his liberal spiel, patted him on his back, and murmured sweet praise at his thinking of me. But I wasn't. You might be shocked to learn this, but I chased him off the minute he opened his mouth and told me he was the 'representative' for my district.

Representative? Just before every legislative session, Mr. O'Neill mails out a survey pretending to solicit our opinions on what we want that wonderful body to take up. The survey is rather brilliantly penned as the questions asked are worded in such a manner that you can see the obvious reply he wants. Plus, and this goes back to that word 'representative', he ONLY sends his flyer out to Democrats and Independents. Not to Republicans (and I would assume card-carrying Tea Party members if he could obtain a list of them). So, given that I'm more of a conservative than someone in his favored group ---- ultra-flaming liberal crazies --- I'd say he is NOT my representative.

Any way with a few choice and proper taxpayer words, I dispatched the scoundrel, watching him drive down the street in his well-tailored suit looking for yet another to advise that he was their 'representative'.

by © Clyde James Aragon
from "Full Frontal Stupidity" - http://fullfrontalstupidity.blogspot.com/

And visit his Zazzle.com site for humorous bumper stickers, T-shirts, calendars, mugs, etc. at:
CJA the Humorist:  http://www.zazzle.com/cja_the_humorist